Legen....wait for it....dary!.

I Am Legend - Richard Matheson

So I have to first say this isn't the first time I've come across this book. This book actually was one of my gateway books into vampire lore. I'm also pretty sure I watched The Last Man, Omega Man etc before I read this book. This edition is I am Legend plus other creepy stories. And those stores are real gems in my opinion. Now I picked this book up last year at the library. And I must admit, I was not as impressed as I was with the audiobook. And that's due to narration. Robertson Dean is THE MAN! I mean this guy can make a book a movie in your mind's eye. I had to google this guy just to see if he was indeed a man from the 50s era. He's not. I'm blown away. Listening to this man read poetic (as Matheson is known to really pull no punches in the emotionalism of a sentence) he is nothing short of a one man show. He can pull a dramatization without coming off corny or cheesy. Seriously, this review is more about him then the stories. The stories are amazing, we all know that. And they still hold up in this modern world. But do yourself a favor and listen to this guy's narration. Especially in Mad House.